Have you ever been loved by a puppy?
The slobbery kisses, wildly wagging tail, and adorable little face that licks you relentlessly with a no-holds-barred kind of love…there’s nothing like it!
Wikipedia’s dictionary says the term “puppy love” came from the adoring, worshipful affection that may be felt by a puppy. I mean really, who doesn’t appreciate a little worship every now and then? J
Fourteen years ago, the sweetest ball of fluff bounded into my family’s home and captured our hearts forever. One look at our Golden Retriever puppy and we were goners. Smitten beyond belief. As he grew, so did our love for him.
We had to say good-bye forever to our Tanner last week. But, being wildly loved by him taught us a lot about how to express love to others. We’ve learned:
· How you greet someone can make his or her entire day.
· Everything is better when someone sits at your feet and listens.
· Treats are always a good thing.
· You can never be petted enough.
· Loyalty is the loveliest of traits.
· What you do is not nearly as important as who you have beside you.
Ah yes, it’s good to be loved by a dog. We’ll be forever grateful to the one who loved us and let us love him. We love you, Tan. Always.
Have you been loved by a dog? Tell me about it. What have they taught you?